If you’re experiencing abuse in your relationship, you might be wondering what to do next. You may want to end the relationship but are not sure if you have grounds for divorce. Or perhaps your spouse is abusing the children and you need help getting them out of harm’s way. Reliable family law services in Melbourne can walk you through all of these options and more!
It can be tempting to “go it alone” when dealing with an abusive relationship, but it’s best to get professional help from a family lawyer before taking any steps toward separating from your partner.
Enlisting help from a family lawyer
You can enlist the help of a family lawyer to:
- Help you get a divorce. If you and your partner are getting divorced, your lawyer will advise you on how to proceed with the process and represent your interests in court. This can include negotiating with the opposing party over child custody, property division and alimony payments (if applicable).
- Help you get custody of your children. If one parent is unfit or dangerous for raising their child(ren), then it’s possible for them to be taken away from that person by courts who decide what’s best for them in this situation — which may mean placing them in foster care until things improve at home again!
- Handle child support payments if needed; these are typically ordered by courts after divorce proceedings have concluded so that both parents remain responsible financially even though they no longer live together as husband-wife couples anymore.”
Why do some people get divorced without getting a lawyer?
In some cases, people may not be able to afford to hire a lawyer. They may think they can handle the divorce themselves or simply want to get it over with as soon as possible.
While these reasons make sense on their own, they can lead you down a dangerous path of making decisions without proper legal representation.
The best way to ensure that your interests are properly represented is by hiring an experienced divorce lawyer. They’ll be able to provide you with the guidance and advice you need throughout the entire process.
What does it cost to hire a family lawyer?
The cost of hiring a family lawyer will vary depending on the lawyer and the case. The more complex your case, the more likely it is that you’ll pay more for legal representation. The same is true for inexperienced or ineffective lawyers; these attorneys charge less because they don’t have as much experience or success in courtrooms.
The best way to find out how much it will cost you to hire a family lawyer is by talking with them directly about what they charge per hour (or per project). You should also ask if there are any additional fees associated with their services, such as:
- Court filing fees (for example: divorce applications)
- Document preparation costs (for example: drafting cohabitation agreements)
If you’re looking for Best Family Lawyers Melbourne to help with your divorce, we hope this article has been helpful. As you can see, there are many reasons why people choose not to hire an attorney.
However, we believe that in most cases it is a mistake not to seek legal counsel when going through such an important life event.